Home> Learn to Read: Vowel Stories For Beginning Readers
Learn to Read: Vowel Stories
Learn to Read: Vowel Stories teaches long and short vowel sounds a, e, i, o, and u (CVC pattern). The app was developed by fully credentialed teachers and aims to improve reading skills and help build confidence.
". . . for use with students in the emergent or beginning stages of reading. "
Voted Best App for Beginning Readers by iTeachHub!
"a simple and easy to use app that will support young or struggling readers as they begin to learn about decoding. The app is easy to use, with clear directions and simple controls."
4 star review from BestAppsforKids.com!
Learnt to Read: Vowel Stories contains simple stories based on the long and short vowel sounds as well as sight words and is an ideal for children who are learning to read or who need to improve phonemic awareness (phonics), fluency (reading speed), and the recognition of letter sounds and common sight words. Recognizing vowel sounds is a crucial part of learning to read. So get started today and start your child on a path to reading success by downloading Vowel Stories for Beginning Readers!RECOMMENDED FOR* Beginning readers* Struggling readers up to age 8* English-language learners
• Watch section – The app will read to the child while the animated story shows in the background.
• Read section – The child has the option of reading the story or tapping the screen to hear the sentence.
• Fluency information - Contains word and sentence count to help with fluency rates.
• Vocabulary (sight words) – Each story has a vocabulary section with important sight words where the child can tap and hear the pronunciation of the words.
• Words are highlighted as the app reads the sentences aloud.
• Animated scenes and characters for more interactivity.* Stories are professionally narrated.* Bonus printed worksheets are available via our website.
• Boys and girls learning to read
• Ages 3 and up
• Struggling readers
Parents and teachers in 45 countries have used this app to teach their children long and short vowel sounds. The app has been proven to:1) Improve reading speed or fluency.
2) Increase the ability to recognize long and short vowel sounds.
3) Increase a child's understanding of rhymes and word families.
Download today on: