We believe that contemporary educators should use multiple tools(visual, audio, kinesthetic) to teach and reinforce concepts. Below are 5 non-tablet activities to use in combination with our Vowel Stories series of learning to read apps. We hope that they can help spice up your lessons!
1. Vowel Stories worksheets - Use our Vowel Stories worksheets that reinforcelong/short vowel sounds and sight words.
2. Use a Digital camera - Using a digital camera take a picture of 10 short/long vowel sounds found in the stories.
3. Use word processing program - Using a word processing program (e.g. Word) type ten sight words your child remembered from the story. Print out the assignment,sign it, and post on the refrigerator!
4. Spelling contest - Have a verbal spelling contest where you ask your child to spell certain words. Spell ten words correctly and someone gets ice cream
5. Drawing - Draw a picture of ten sight words that are nouns(person, place, or thing).
Quackenworth specializes in mobile games for kids and educational websites. Our mission is to develop fun products that teachers and parents can use to educate and enrich the lives of children and young adults. Click here to learn more about Quackenworth's apps for kids.